October 5, 2008

Good morning, sunshine

Posted 8:08 am EST

Lovin' this love photo/wallpaper/or animation still...I'm not sure what it is exactly, but it caught my eye on the FormFiftyFive [sic] site (tagline "Inspiration from around the world"), where I stumbled into the Interior / Environment category. It's from a London design studio called Spring Studios. I can't tell ya who the artist is, since once you get to Spring Studios' website, there are a lot of Flash elements going on, which I'm kinda over....maybe it's a phase for me, I don't know. But I find myself hitting the "back"button the instant I see a Flash countdown/countup/loading animation doohickey. They always feel like ticking time bombs to me. And I really recoil at site messages that warn "this site requires Adobe Flash Number so-and-so." It always seems a bit passive aggressive. I know what they are really saying is "Hey there, just wanna let you know, if you don't have Flash yet, don't even think about entering this site. Our design genius will just be wasted on you. Mm-K?"

No comments: